Onion Growing Guide
Sow seed: sow 1/4 ” deep. Keep moist
Seedlings emerge: 10-14 days
Harvest: 24-32 weeks after sowing.
for scallions: Harvest young onions
onions: Ready to crop when top dry and fall over. Pull out. Leave on dry ground for several days before storing.
- rich, well-prepared
- single plant: 15cm
- rows: 10cm? more?
- imp just after planting. Keep moist till seedlings appear
- mulch when tops are 10-12 inches tall (retain moisture)
- Weekly; but don’t let onions dry out
- cut back watering when tops start dying out
- do not feed plants nearing maturity if you want sweet onions
beet, cabbage, carrot, chamomile, garlic, lettuce, scallions, strawberry, tomato,
Our Onion Progress