Ginger Growing Guide
Useful Read (should have read it before!): How to Grow Ginger Plant (wikihow.com)
Sow: early spring
- soil that can hold water but free drainingPosition (rich, sandy loam)
- pot or garden bed
- possible but does best in humid climates
- Plant 10-15 cm (4-6 inches) apart. Not too deep (about 1 -2 inches). Then lightly cover with soil, topped by mulch.
- Ginger loves water (but don’t water a lot in the beginning when the ginger is planted in the ground). Start regular watering when you see shoots.
- as soon as you see new shoots coming out the side of plant
peas, coriander, beans, lemon grass, chilli, kaffir lime, cardamon, turmeric, galangal,
Our Ginger Progress
I have been eating & drinking a lot of ginger, so that is a must grow for us. Especially as the price of ginger has recently jumped from $19.95/kg to $34.95/kg!
To be updated as ginger grows …
- Ginger Growing Guide; GrowVeg
- Ginger Plant Companions; Gardening KnowHow
- YouTube: 5 Tips How to Grow a Ton of Ginger; Self Sufficient Me