Create lush shade in summer, enjoy the beautiful flowers, and taste the delicious large supersweet fruit! Rambling evergreen. Lightly scented flowers. Juicy yellow fruits in summer.
Passionfruit Growing Guide
Sow (when, temp, soil, location)
- in full sun
- allow plenty of room to grow
- climbing plant
- summer; 18mths after planting
- water regularly first 8-12 weeks (till established).
- water frequentyly for short period during dry seasons.
- prune only to remove unwanted growth. Not main stem; only unwanted twining stems
- fertilise: twice a year; slow release
- weed frequently
Our Passionfruit Progress
Seedling from Australian Plants Online. Hope it will be ok. Discovered ground there wet, dense, and seems to be like clay. Dug hole and put in good potting mix. Fingers crossed.
- Top Tips for Growing Passionfruit (flowerpower.com.au)