Original Recipe from: Maagchi’s Crispy and Crunchy Fried Chicken
Below is just my short-hand version for myself.
Dry Mixture for Chicken
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- potato or corn starch (coat before deep frying)
Topping (on plate up)
- peanuts (fry after frying chicken)
- sesame seeds
- — Fry These First —
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3-4 dried chillies (cut to about 1/3 inch)
- 1/4 soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice or corn syrup
- 1T vinegar
- 1T brown sugar
- 1T mustard (opt)
- Spicy Sauce – make, remove from heat.
- Chicken – mix dry mixture through chicken. Coat with potato/corn starch. Double fry
- Spicy Sauce – rehead. Toss fried chicken in. Top with peanuts and sesame seeds.